we believe in world class standards of quality audits, inspections and outstanding service performance.
- The National Department of Agriculture appointed SAMIC as Assignee for the purpose of the application of sections 3(1)(a) and (b) and 8 of the Agricultural Product Standards Act, 119 (Act 119 of 1990) with regards to the classification and marking of meat intended for sale in the Republic of South Africa. The SAMIC coordinators operating across the country perform this duty with full commitment to consumers, farmers, abattoir owners and meat traders to ensure always 100% integrity in our product – beef, lamb and pork. It is therefore important that no fraudulent activities will go unpunished and that the playing field stays level.
- We do independent Quality Indication Mark audits: Farms, Feedlots, Abattoirs, Deboning Plants and Outlets. These marks are all registered at the National Department of Agriculture.
- We do independent hides and skins audits on behalf of the National Department of Agriculture for export purposes at Abattoirs, Intermediate stores as well as at the harbors.
- We assess Meat Classifier Students to become qualified Meat Classifiers.
- We do independent inspections at all abattoirs, Meat Traders, Imported meat and hide and skins plants for Red Meat Levy purposes.
- We also hold and judge National Carcass Competitions to demonstrate to producers what the market requirements and consumer demands are.